Bill, Ben and I went down to Mom and Dad's on Saturday. Got there around Noon. Mom had taken a nap in the morning. She looked a bit tired and a little short of breath when we got there but she improved as the day went on. She didn't take a nap in the afternoon. I did a little cleaning for her (bathrooms and kitchen floor) which she wished she could help with but was grateful. They showed us pictures of the headstone they have purchased for the cemetery. (That was a little hard for me.) Dad showed us the cleaning they had done in the basement this past week. We found an old Wahoo board so Mom, Ben and I played that Saturday night. She laughed and enjoyed herself. Sunday morning she said that tired her out but she enjoyed being able to laugh. On Sunday, Dad, Ben and I went to Sheldon while she napped. We ate lunch together and then went for a drive in the country. She was doing some remembering on Sunday morning about her childhood so I asked to drive by the place she lived on until she was 10 years old before they moved to "the hill" by Paul and Kim's. They drove us by the cemetery to show us where the plot is they picked out (another hard one for me). We drove around a little more and then went back to Boyden. We left around 6 PM. She did not nap in the afternoon but was tired by then. She said good-bye and was heading for the couch. I told her on Sunday as she was a bit short of breath at times to call today to see about getting fluid drained off again. I said it might help her to use her energy to work with the pill to fight the disease rather than using her energy to get around. They both said they'd see how she was today and possibly call to get in for that. Her appointment with Dr. Jeffries is scheduled for Friday so they might try to get in before that to get fluid drained. We had a good time - it was good to be with them.
Denise
No comments:
Post a Comment