Friday, September 13, 2013

Chemo Pills (Update)


Sorry for my delay in writing this post, it has been a busy (and tiring) week here.

After Tuesday, we found out that mom's Rx could not be filled by the Walgreens because they are not a participating provider with Humana.  Mom and I called Humana on Wednesday and talked to a CS Rep who gave us the name of some specialty pharmacies that are Humana participants.  Of the three, 2 did not carry the drug, but one did (Wal-Mart).  We were able to talk to the pharmacist at the Sioux Center Wal-Mart and he would begin working with the Walgreens to get the Rx transferred.  Mom and dad drove to S.C. yesterday morning to make sure this pharmacist had all the necessary information.  Yesterday afternoon, they received a call from him stating that Wal-Mart was unable to fill the Rx.  I don't understand why entirely, and mom and dad couldn't explain it very well.

However, the pharmacist found another mail-order pharmacy who works with Humana and he was transferring the Rx to them.  I asked mom to call that pharmacy and make sure they had it marked as urgent (which they did).  The new pharmacy told mom that they had all they needed and they would probably be calling her yet last night.  I asked mom to call me this morning to let me know if they have called. 

I did call Dr. Jeffries office yesterday and talk to Brandi in hope to solicit some help from them.  Brandi's response was there wasn't really anything they could do, but that we would need to continue to call the pharmacies to expedite the situation.  The conversation was disappointing. 

I'll try to post after I talk to mom this morning, but I have been buried at work and so I don't know when I will get a moment for something personal.  :-)

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment