Monday, Sept 9 - Bonnie spoke to Dr Jeffires nurse Brandi this morning.
Here are the questions put forth:
1.Bonnie has experienced memory issues with mom - she answers a question one way 1 day when I talk to her and a different way 2 days when I ask her the same question..
ThePet Scan showed NO images on the brain or neck. If there were images they would do an MRI to do further dectections of what those images might be. So her memory loss may be just anxiety or alzheimers starting. I assume just anxiety.
2.How often will they need to drain the lung lining?
Mom will need to monitor this with her chect feeling full and or shortnes of breath. If she expereinces this she is to call in and they will set up an appointmnet for her.
3. How fast do the chemo pills start working to stop the cancer cells from producing fluids?
It takes 8- 12 weeks for them to start working.
I will call mom and and dad over lunch and give them this information.
I have also ordered from Amazon a BedWedge for mom . I actually order 2 one iwth a 7.5inch height and one with a 12 inch height. I wasn't sure which size would be the most confortable for her. We talked about that lasst Wednesday morning when I was there. This could possibly help the coughing spells at night. They will be there Tuesday, September 10.
Last week Dr Jeffries said Mom could conitnue on her regualr routines and they shoudl plan to go to Arizona this winter. I hope they still plan to do that.
Love to all,
Bonnie
No comments:
Post a Comment