Sunday, October 6, 2013

Our visit this weekend

We had a nice visit this weekend and we were able to get a lot done with the quilt.   By the time we got there Friday night Mom was quite exhausted.  She talked with us for a few minutes and then went to bed.  Dad and I talked until almost 11:30, he was very thankful that they were able to remove the fluid yet that day.   He was concerned about her cough that evening as she was coughing more this time after the procedure than the first time.

Saturday morning he said that she had coughed quite a bit during the night.  When she got up in the morning it seemed to have diminished a lot.  Mom was not eating much the past days because everything had a "medicine" taste to it, we started applying peppermint oil to the her big toe and the base of her other toes about 30 minutes before eating and then the food tasted normal.  Saturday she ate pretty well.  She was having a very hard time walking, her hip was bothering her and sometimes it would almost give out on her and she would have to catch herself.  It was hard to watch and it makes her frustrated and a little sad.  I did a Raindrop therapy massage session on her Saturday afternoon and her hip pain seemed to get quite a lot better.  She was moving faster and without much of a limp.  Today she said it was still tender but it felt a lot better.  Dad mentioned that she slept very well last night.   Karen, I told them I would try to teach it to you before you go down and maybe you could do another session while you're there.   I gave Dad a Raindrop therapy this morning, he said it felt good but he didn't have much else to say about it.  However, Mom, Sarah and I noticed just a short while later that he was walking a little faster and without as much of a limp. We just smiled to each other but said nothing to him :)

As far as the quilt project, Dad had the squares cut so Saturday morning we (Mom, Dad, Brian, Sarah, Eric, Ben and I) laid out a pattern and I got started sewing.  We were able to get half of the top of the quilt put together.   She did sew some of the pieces yesterday and she really enjoyed it. I was going to take it home to finish but Mom was feeling better last night and today that she wants to sew as much as possible on days when she's feeling good.

So it was a good weekend.  We laughed (I cried a little) and enjoyed our time together.  
Have a good week everyone.
Love, Janice

No comments:

Post a Comment